MySql Backup

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register
Data restore Options · View
Jan Veres
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:48:22 AM

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I miss the application tool for data recovery. Although it is possible to restore the backup through the shell commands (mysqldump, mysql), but it recovers entire database. I miss recover specified tables in the backup. MySQL Workbench or Administrator it can. Are you plans for future added to the application some restore module or some plugin into Workbench, which should be understood by the MySQLBackupFTP sql backups?
AlexP
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:59:43 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hello,

Thank you for the feature request, but currently we do not have any plans to create a tool to restore MySQL database, sorry. MySQLBackupFTP creates dump files via phpMyAdmin or mysqldump tool and you can use any free tool to restore a database.

Regards,
Alexey.
robertolm@gmail.com
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:20:25 AM

Groups: Registered

Plans to create a Restores????

I want a tool that backup and may restore.....

If want to restore with mysqldump or phpmyadmin....... Why i Paid for this tool??
may create batchs with mysqldump.

I DON'T TELL THIS TO STRIKE OR DAMAGE.

I WANT TO BUY THIS TOOL

And... for MS SQL you have a software.

I wrote you some weeks ago. I want too a tool for MS SQL.
I request for a pack or discount for buy mysqlbackupftp and msbackupftp.
I think that may create a pack for all or create an app with all.
ruslan
#4 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 12:21:17 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Dear Robert,
Our customers buy MySqlBackupFTP because it allows them to automate backup, compression, encryption, email notifications and sending backups to FTP or cloud. That part is not too easy to automate without our program and that is the reason customers like yourself use our program.
Restore on the other hand is easy to do manually (just run the script created previously by MySqlBackupFTP), so we do not feel our investment in developing a dedicated Restore program makes much sense. I understand that you would want such feature and may decide that it is not worth buying if the program does not have a dedicated restore functionality. We respect your choice, but based on our knowledge you would be an exception. And just the same we hope you will respect our choice (based on about 10 years developing the most popular SQL & MySQL backup tools) that our development time would better spent elsewhere.
We also do not have plans to sell bundles for a simple reasons that majority of our users need either SQL or MySQL and are better served by a dedicated interface.
We are sorry we can not give you the answer you'd want, we understand your request and concern and appreciate your suggestions, but unfortunately we can not satisfy it (at least for now).