MySql Backup

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register
Invalid object name 'sys.databases' Options · View
favedish
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:06:28 AM

Groups: Registered

hi there

i've been using SSME for years to connect to databases at my host with no problems.

using SB&FTP i can also connect fine. however when i try and run a backup i get the following error log:

Database scripting failed: An error occured while getting database information. >> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'sys.databases'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at b.x.i(Stream A_0)

version of SQL Server is 8.00.2055

can you help please?

thanks

dave
mikeshilov
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:20:37 AM

Groups: Administrators

Hi,

The reason is that you use scripting mode for backup the database (probably because your server is located on other machine than SBF) and in this mode we don't support SQL Server 2000.

So the only way to backup SQL Server 2000 database is to run SBF on the same machine where the server is located.

BR,
Mike
favedish
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 10:14:35 AM

thanks mike... but i'm confused:

the version showing for SQL Server is 8.00.2055... is that not sql server 2008? that is also what the hosting company say they are providing.
favedish
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 12:18:36 PM

ok so i now determined that it is indeed sql server 2000. sorry for my confusion. i'm now talking with my hosts about migrating to 2008. i really like the look of your software, seems just what we need, and hope to be able to get up and running soon.

dave
favedish
#5 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2010 9:16:17 AM

ok so at last we have migrated our database to sql server 2008.

sadly we are still getting errors with SBF - this time the message was 'an error occured while getting tables information'.

here is the log:

>>> run 01/11/2010 14:08:32 by user

SQLBackupandFTP
5.2.2.15553 (Free)

SUMMARY:
Database 2qute: Backup - Failure

DETAILED LOG:
01/11/2010 14:08:23 Creating backup of 2qute to C:\temp (using scripting)
01/11/2010 14:08:23 Creating 2qute001.sql
01/11/2010 14:08:23 Scripting database creation
01/11/2010 14:08:25 Scripting users
01/11/2010 14:08:26 Scripting roles
01/11/2010 14:08:26 Scripting users in roles
01/11/2010 14:08:27 Scripting schemas
01/11/2010 14:08:28 Scripting user defiend types
01/11/2010 14:08:29 Scripting table structures
01/11/2010 14:08:32 ERROR: Database scripting failed: An error occured while getting tables information. >> System.ApplicationException: An error occured while getting tables information. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near '2'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at b.p.c(String A_0)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at b.p.c(String A_0)
at b.x.a(Stream A_0, List`1& A_1)
01/11/2010 14:08:32 ERROR: Backup of 2qute failed: Job failed
01/11/2010 14:08:32 Cleaning C:\sqlbackup
01/11/2010 14:08:32 ERROR: Job finished (With Errors)

any help much appreciated :)
ruslan
#6 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2010 3:21:42 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

favedish
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:51:45 AM

so basically there's not a fix for this?

shame.... is there likely to be?

i'm sure that there are many other developers like me that are working on shared hosting, and we just don't have the access to the server that others might, and so have to use scripting. if i could get this to go on this database then we'd probably buy the full product, as we have quite a few other databases to support.

anyway: i note that the detail in the error i am receiving is:

Quote:
Incorrect syntax near '2'

and that in the other thread, the error was:

Quote:
Falsche Syntax in der Nähe von '0100494'.

as our database is called 2qute and the error specified a problem near a 2, and the other user's error also involved a number (0100494), i'm wondering if this might be something to do with it?

just an idea....

ruslan
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:00:23 AM

Nobody reliably scripts remote databases. There's a reason behind it. We've spent tons of time and money to make it work and it still fails in cases like yours. Can we make it work in 90% of cases instead of 80%? We'll try. But we can't promise any dates and we will keep the remote feature in the permanent Beta, so when it fails - go easy on us, we did our best.
favedish
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 10:13:05 AM

i do appreciate your work and efforts, and can sympathise. you (appear!) to have a great product and it's a drag i can't harness its power.

this might be a bit cheeky - but can you recommend another solution that might enable me to safeguard our clients' data - which after all is our priority, as we (and they) do feel quite exposed should our hosting provider vanish into the ether.

keep up the good work - thanks for your input - i'll try again soon.... :)
ruslan
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 10:45:30 AM

Thank you for understanding. You are at the mercy of your hoster in this case. Usually for a fee they do backup for you. Talk to them, they should have it one way or another.
favedish
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 11:59:23 AM

i have already tried this but the best they could suggest was a DTS routine. however as i undertstand it, to save and schedule that requires a proper copy of sql server, which we don't have... SSME only....

i've tried looking for a 3 party solution, ie a company that will do backups as a service, but without success.

oh well, i'll keep my eye on your site and in the future try newer versions to see if they work.

thanks again for your assistance.
#12 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 5:14:26 PM

Groups:

We have got the same errorlog an our database is called 131003-abcabc

/O
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 1:40:27 AM

Groups:

fairly likely it's the number at the start then :)

i'll try renaming our database.
Alexander Omelchenko
#14 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 4:59:25 AM

Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.
dynafish
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:13:10 PM

The need for an external backup of this 2qute database became pressing, so we came back to SB&FTP again. The same problem recurred, so we renamed the database (without a digit at the beginning) and now SB&FTP is working fine.

Great system guys, thanks :)
Alexander Omelchenko
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:45:44 AM

Good news! Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.