MySql Backup

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register
Multiple backups question Options · View
aarbee
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:03:13 PM

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am on this moment testing Mysqlbackupftp with 1 database, and it works as I expect it.
So far so good. I am in the process to look what does the paid version do extra.
I have been looking in the featureslist, but I could not fiddle out if this scenario would work.

For my company I am having a couple of websites including websites.
Example 3 databases.

Database nr 1 should be backupped to a local disk/networkdisk, and the result emailed to person 1 and 2.
Database nr 2 should be backupped to a local disk/networkdisk And Onedrive, and the result emailed to person 1 and 3.
Database nr 3 should be backupped to Onedrive, and the result emailed to person 4 and 5.

Thanks ahead,

Rob Bindels
Alexander Omelchenko
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 4:19:46 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hello,

According to your scenario you need to create three different backup jobs.

One backup job for database #1 which should be backupped to a local disk/networkdisk, and the result emailed to person 1 and 2.
Second backup job for database #2 which should be backupped to a local disk/networkdisk And Onedrive, and the result emailed to person 1 and 3.
And the third backup job for database #3 which should be backupped to Onedrive, and the result emailed to person 4 and 5.

You can try all MySQLBackupFTP features in 30 days Trial mode. To start your 30 days free trial with all functionality of a Professional version enabled, please click "Help" and choose "Start 30 days Free Trial..."
aarbee
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 4:52:05 AM

Groups: Registered

Alexander,

Thank you for your answer.
You are correct, I wanted to send the result of the backup to a few persons. And not the backup itself.
And indeed I would need to create 3 backup jobs.

My question was more regarding, can I email the result to different people, depending on the backupjob.
And from what I read it is possible.

Sounds good.
Will have a look in to which license is the best for me.

Greetings,

Rob Bindels

Addendum.
Which licence would I probably need?
My assumption is Standard and up. Is that correct?
Alexander Omelchenko
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:04:14 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.