MySql Backup

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register
FTP upload limit Options · View
Davor Baksa
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:21:22 PM

Groups:

Hi,

i just wanted to point out that the software lacks the ability to limit FTP upload speeds.
Users on ADSL lines would benefit the most out of this I guess, since if you crank up the upload to the max on your ADSL line the host will in most cases be unavailable via network due to timeouts.
Also, if you are uploading something through an ADSL line without using a limiter, the download speeds become affected as well (drastic drop).

So, is there any chance of seeing custom bandwidth limitations on future releases?
alex
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2010 4:35:10 AM

Groups: Registered

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:45:20 AM

Groups:

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem.
Please consider again and try to solve it. Would be nice.
AlexP
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:51:22 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hello,

Please open the .jobx file with notepad and find MaxTransferRate attribute for FTP destination. Here you can setup MaxTransferRate property (in bytes/sec) for your FTP destination (e.g. MaxTransferRate="40960"). So, save the file in notepad, open it with SQLBackupAndFTP and run the job to check uploading with speed limit.

MaxTransferRate: Since FTP file transfers can be processor intensive, you can throttle the transfer speed. If the value of this property is below the actual transfer rate, the worker thread will be put to sleep each second to slow the actual rate to match this value.

Regards,
Alexey.