MySql Backup

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register
Checksum Information Options · View
#1 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 3:08:09 AM

Groups:

Would it be possible to include command line option to allow creation of checksum information in full and differential backups?
ruslan
#2 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:51:54 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Maybe. Since it is the first time we've been asked about it, I am not sure we have enough requests for it. Maybe a better option (that would envelop your request too) would be to create an interface to allow adding any custom arguments to BACKUP DATABASE statement. WDYT?
leonmccalla
#3 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2011 6:34:51 AM

Groups: Registered

I've been a user of this software for almost 2 years. every morning i backup about 10 dB totaling about 35Gigs from 3 servers to an external Network storage Device. I have my system set to keep the last 7 days of backups but 10 days ago my SSD drive started acting up and corrupting data randomly.

Although my data was becoming more corrupt as the days passed, SQLBackupAndFTP continued to email me success information. when i need to restore the primary dB, all 7 backups had errors. i was forced to restore the earliest backup which had the least amount of errors and then "repair with data loss" and watch as SQL 2008 discarded an unknown amount of records.

if checksum was enabled the backups would have failed on the first day and i would have been notified.

please add this feature

Leon.
mikeshilov
#4 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2011 10:42:24 AM

Groups: Administrators

Well, indeed I think this feature is worthy of being added into the next release.

Leon, how do you think what is better: to add this option as a checkbox or add some text field to enable users to add various custom options to BACKUP DATABASE command?

Also wdyt about adding another option to verify the created backup using RESTORE VERIFYONLY command?
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2012 4:32:19 AM

Groups:

Any news about those features? This would be a important function before making a decision which product to buy.
AlexP
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2012 10:58:27 AM

We are going to add these features into the next release next week.
AlexP
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:09:49 AM

Hi,

We have published SQLBackupAndFTP with this feature on download page. But among other changes we have migrated all of the settings from the registry to a file and have built a new service starter. This should resolve a number of issues related to access rights. If you would like to try it, you can download it using direct link: http://sqlbackupandftp.c...nload/SqlBakSetup650.exe
Ib
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 6:02:31 PM

Groups:

Hi,

Can anybody briefly explain the two options in "Sql Backup And FTP" ?

1: Add CHECKSUM option to BACKUP statement
2: Run RESTORE VERIFYONLY after backup

What is it they actually do - and in which cases are they useful?

Thanks!
AlexP
#9 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 9:27:45 AM

cristobalmiguelo
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 4:40:17 PM

Groups: Registered

leonmccalla wrote:
...my SSD drive started acting up and corrupting data randomly.

Although my data was becoming more corrupt as the days passed, SQLBackupAndFTP continued to email me success information.

Leon.

Hi Leon,

I have always seen disk errors in the event log when such things occur. I highly recommend you monitor your Windows event logs for errors and warnings to prevent or mitigate any serious issues like this in the future.

This being said, I think the checksum idea is a great idea.

Best,
Christopher
Alexander Omelchenko
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2:14:37 AM

Thanks for the advice.