MySql Backup

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register
Feature Request - Weblog, Jobs listing, Website Backup product? Options · View
payments2
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:44:57 AM

Groups: Registered

1. It would be nice to be able to set Use Web Log for all databases at once. I just had to check through all my 32 databases to check this config was correct (about 40% were incorrect) and I might have missed one. Then, if I look at the weblog,I could mistakenly think the job didn't run. Alternatively/in addition, add it as a column when you view All Jobs.

2. I can't copy and paste the Jobs listing. This would be really good - or an export capability - as I put it into an Excel spreadsheet for admin purposes.

3. Please could you make the Jobs Listing window resizable/maximisable? It's too small if you have a lot of databases...

4. In the longer term, do you have any plans to develop a product for ftp backup of website files? It would make an excellent "stablemate" to MySql backup and I imagine you might have developed a fair bit of the core functionality already.

Thanks for an excellent product!

===Toby===
ruslan
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:47:54 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Toby,
thank you for the suggestions. We can't digest these ideas now as a key member of our team goes away for 2 weeks, but we added it to our queue and will discuss and respond in two weeks.
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2012 10:28:17 AM

Groups:

Fine - I look forward to hearing your feedback.

===Toby===
payments2
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:40:24 AM

Groups: Registered

Hi - any progress on this?

Thanks

===Toby===
ruslan
#5 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 8:16:44 PM

Toby, sorry for delay. We are discussing this this Wed.
ruslan
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:27:37 PM

payments2 wrote:
1. It would be nice to be able to set Use Web Log for all databases at once. I just had to check through all my 32 databases to check this config was correct (about 40% were incorrect) and I might have missed one. Then, if I look at the weblog,I could mistakenly think the job didn't run. Alternatively/in addition, add it as a column when you view All Jobs.

2. I can't copy and paste the Jobs listing. This would be really good - or an export capability - as I put it into an Excel spreadsheet for admin purposes.

3. Please could you make the Jobs Listing window resizable/maximisable? It's too small if you have a lot of databases...

4. In the longer term, do you have any plans to develop a product for ftp backup of website files? It would make an excellent "stablemate" to MySql backup and I imagine you might have developed a fair bit of the core functionality already.

===Toby===

Dear Toby,
it seems that most of your questions stem from fact that you have many jobs. Majority of users connect to a single server and backup multiple databases in 1 job. I assume you need to connect to different servers - that's why so many jobs.
This is unusual, so
1 - rarely needed, hard to implement
2, 3 - very rarely needed
4 - no plans

So, unfortunately we can not answer positively to any of your requests, sorry.

#7 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:50:55 AM

Groups:

ruslan wrote:
payments2 wrote:

===Toby===

Dear Toby,
it seems that most of your questions stem from fact that you have many jobs. Majority of users connect to a single server and backup multiple databases in 1 job. I assume you need to connect to different servers - that's why so many jobs.
This is unusual, so
1 - rarely needed, hard to implement
2, 3 - very rarely needed
4 - no plans

So, unfortunately we can not answer positively to any of your requests, sorry.

Thanks for your reply. Then I will have to look for another product. What a shame.

===Toby===
Alexander Omelchenko
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:44:50 AM

Ok. Sorry.
saire1951
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:38:45 AM

Groups:

Message was deleted by Moderator.